Rime Movement

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by malalu on Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:26 am

Thanks! 😄

Great picture, too.
avatar
malalu

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by muni on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:42 am

sherab zangpo wrote:
_/\_ _/\_ _/\_

When I went to greet Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse his grandson I went down on the ground. Shechen Rabjam, same smile as Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, putted one hand on my head. I couldn't move anymore, was laying on the ground...so..........no words. A voice inside of me said: come on, get up!

I understood what is meant with love. Very Happy

See the preocupations of beings as being like the events in a dream, watch them like an old man watching children play and love them boundless.

muni

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by muni on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:36 am

I cannot imagine how people are feeling emerged of one kind of teaching or one tradition. I am deeply grateful to get teaching of other traditions. Maybe this is clinging to teaching in some degree.
It is sometimes like filling an empty place in insight or a flash light.

Even older tradition as to have respect for all surrounding magical world around us is not contradicting in that way the Dharma I think. Respect grows what is a push to give the self completely to other human fellows, animals, plants existences; even stones.

Other schools' teaching doesn' t contradict the essence. Maybe for others it appears as it does. sunny Don't know.

muni

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by caz namyaw on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:25 am

muni wrote:I cannot imagine how people are feeling emerged of one kind of teaching or one tradition. I am deeply grateful to get teaching of other traditions. Maybe this is clinging to teaching in some degree.
It is sometimes like filling an empty place in insight or a flash light.

Even older tradition as to have respect for all surrounding magical world around us is not contradicting in that way the Dharma I think. Respect grows what is a push to give the self completely to other human fellows, animals, plants existences; even stones.

Other schools' teaching doesn' t contradict the essence. Maybe for others it appears as it does. sunny Don't know.

They all lead to the same place, but perhapes studying multiple teachings is work enough for more then one lifetime.

peace

xxx
avatar
caz namyaw

Number of posts : 166
Location : G.B Staffs !
Registration date : 2008-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by sherab zangpo on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:57 am

The bee
The deer
The lion
The madman
avatar
sherab zangpo

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2008-12-28

View user profile http://trondu.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by dorje on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:28 am

caz namyaw wrote:They all lead to the same place, but perhapes studying multiple teachings is work enough for more then one lifetime.

peace

xxx

Actually, Sapan noted that anyone who has acquired a precious human birth can fully learn Tantra in 7 years maximum.
avatar
dorje

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by muni on Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:10 pm

caz namyaw wrote:
muni wrote:I cannot imagine how people are feeling emerged of one kind of teaching or one tradition. I am deeply grateful to get teaching of other traditions. Maybe this is clinging to teaching in some degree.
It is sometimes like filling an empty place in insight or a flash light.

Even older tradition as to have respect for all surrounding magical world around us is not contradicting in that way the Dharma I think. Respect grows what is a push to give the self completely to other human fellows, animals, plants existences; even stones.

Other schools' teaching doesn' t contradict the essence. Maybe for others it appears as it does. sunny Don't know.

They all lead to the same place, but perhapes studying multiple teachings is work enough for more then one lifetime.

peace

xxx
When I am filled with water and urgently need a toilet I am not waiting by one particular door but take the first one which is open.

I am a thief, a magpie. Nyingma is open mind, Gelug is sharp analyse, Kagyu is funny clarity and Sakya is pointing to: you silly woman.

Place? Very Happy

muni

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by caz namyaw on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:21 pm

muni wrote:
caz namyaw wrote:
muni wrote:I cannot imagine how people are feeling emerged of one kind of teaching or one tradition. I am deeply grateful to get teaching of other traditions. Maybe this is clinging to teaching in some degree.
It is sometimes like filling an empty place in insight or a flash light.

Even older tradition as to have respect for all surrounding magical world around us is not contradicting in that way the Dharma I think. Respect grows what is a push to give the self completely to other human fellows, animals, plants existences; even stones.

Other schools' teaching doesn' t contradict the essence. Maybe for others it appears as it does. sunny Don't know.

They all lead to the same place, but perhapes studying multiple teachings is work enough for more then one lifetime.

peace

xxx
When I am filled with water and urgently need a toilet I am not waiting by one particular door but take the first one which is open.

I am a thief, a magpie. Nyingma is open mind, Gelug is sharp analyse, Kagyu is funny clarity and Sakya is pointing to: you silly woman.

Place? Very Happy

But dharma is not something that must be pissed out dear muni Wink
The end completion of each 4 schools is the same, by accomplishing one practise you accomplish them all, weather Nyingma , Geluga, kagyu or sakya by completing your own schools path you will attain full enlightenment, being non sectarian is all well and good but at the end of the day each path is a complete method and practise to full enlightenment, its an extra marathon to take on more methods when anyone is enough to deal with the obstruction, unless it is being implied that these said 4 schools have completly lost their ability to take people to enlightenment without combining the teachings ?

peace

xxx
avatar
caz namyaw

Number of posts : 166
Location : G.B Staffs !
Registration date : 2008-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by caz namyaw on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:24 pm

dorje wrote:
caz namyaw wrote:They all lead to the same place, but perhapes studying multiple teachings is work enough for more then one lifetime.

peace

xxx

Actually, Sapan noted that anyone who has acquired a precious human birth can fully learn Tantra in 7 years maximum.

Yes but time and place must be taken into context, in the west people do not have a lot of time for intensive retreats how can applying what can conceptually seem to be vastly different methods into one path make it any easier for people with little time to practise ?

peace

xxx
avatar
caz namyaw

Number of posts : 166
Location : G.B Staffs !
Registration date : 2008-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by muni on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:39 pm

I don't know how people does friend. I mingle Dharma ( most Dzogchen ) in daily life. Spontaneous and naturally, no strong striving. Spreading my wings in Lhayul where no tricky mind is trying to tell me something need to be reached. And while dwelling in dreamland ( daily mandala) see that Lhayul (purity) becomes one with dreamland as soon as the tricky mind stops its foolish activity. And so to perfection. Work to do. Have no one way ticket.


Sometimes it goes wrong, like by health problems. But the people can still remain aware at certain level.

I should answer: to bring teaching into the daily life with awareness.

muni

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by muni on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:14 pm

caz namyaw wrote:
muni wrote:
caz namyaw wrote:
muni wrote:I cannot imagine how people are feeling emerged of one kind of teaching or one tradition. I am deeply grateful to get teaching of other traditions. Maybe this is clinging to teaching in some degree.
It is sometimes like filling an empty place in insight or a flash light.

Even older tradition as to have respect for all surrounding magical world around us is not contradicting in that way the Dharma I think. Respect grows what is a push to give the self completely to other human fellows, animals, plants existences; even stones.

Other schools' teaching doesn' t contradict the essence. Maybe for others it appears as it does. sunny Don't know.

They all lead to the same place, but perhapes studying multiple teachings is work enough for more then one lifetime.

peace

xxx
When I am filled with water and urgently need a toilet I am not waiting by one particular door but take the first one which is open.

I am a thief, a magpie. Nyingma is open mind, Gelug is sharp analyse, Kagyu is funny clarity and Sakya is pointing to: you silly woman.

Place? Very Happy

But dharma is not something that must be pissed out dear muni Wink
The end completion of each 4 schools is the same, by accomplishing one practise you accomplish them all, weather Nyingma , Geluga, kagyu or sakya by completing your own schools path you will attain full enlightenment, being non sectarian is all well and good but at the end of the day each path is a complete method and practise to full enlightenment, its an extra marathon to take on more methods when anyone is enough to deal with the obstruction, unless it is being implied that these said 4 schools have completly lost their ability to take people to enlightenment without combining the teachings ?

peace

xxx
For me there is no diplome to reach with upgrade toward enlightenment or a key to obtain in order to open the gate but to recognize pure mind. It is not mixing teachings and forms of words together in a pot. Only when I see a light of wisdom, I don't turn my back. But deep respect is. Like that.
Marathon?
Nobody need to combine, need nothing what about me. Wink

muni

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by caz namyaw on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:30 pm

muni wrote:
caz namyaw wrote:
muni wrote:
caz namyaw wrote:
muni wrote:I cannot imagine how people are feeling emerged of one kind of teaching or one tradition. I am deeply grateful to get teaching of other traditions. Maybe this is clinging to teaching in some degree.
It is sometimes like filling an empty place in insight or a flash light.

Even older tradition as to have respect for all surrounding magical world around us is not contradicting in that way the Dharma I think. Respect grows what is a push to give the self completely to other human fellows, animals, plants existences; even stones.

Other schools' teaching doesn' t contradict the essence. Maybe for others it appears as it does. sunny Don't know.

They all lead to the same place, but perhapes studying multiple teachings is work enough for more then one lifetime.

peace

xxx
When I am filled with water and urgently need a toilet I am not waiting by one particular door but take the first one which is open.

I am a thief, a magpie. Nyingma is open mind, Gelug is sharp analyse, Kagyu is funny clarity and Sakya is pointing to: you silly woman.

Place? Very Happy

But dharma is not something that must be pissed out dear muni Wink
The end completion of each 4 schools is the same, by accomplishing one practise you accomplish them all, weather Nyingma , Geluga, kagyu or sakya by completing your own schools path you will attain full enlightenment, being non sectarian is all well and good but at the end of the day each path is a complete method and practise to full enlightenment, its an extra marathon to take on more methods when anyone is enough to deal with the obstruction, unless it is being implied that these said 4 schools have completly lost their ability to take people to enlightenment without combining the teachings ?

peace

xxx
For me there is no diplome to reach with upgrade toward enlightenment or a key to obtain in order to open the gate but to recognize pure mind. It is not mixing teachings and forms of words together in a pot. Only when I see a light of wisdom, I don't turn my back. But deep respect is. Like that.
Marathon?
Nobody need to combine, need nothing what about me. Wink

Yes i respect other teachings to, but i recognise i dont need to practise everything enlightenment comes in many methods, in my view it is important to maintain the authenticity of teachings of whatever tradition a person is practising in order to preserve them for the future.

peace

xxx
avatar
caz namyaw

Number of posts : 166
Location : G.B Staffs !
Registration date : 2008-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by dorje on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:02 am

caz namyaw wrote:

Yes but time and place must be taken into context, in the west people do not have a lot of time for intensive retreats how can applying what can conceptually seem to be vastly different methods into one path make it any easier for people with little time to practise ?

peace

xxx

Actually, life way back then is not less stressful than it is now. Just that people nowadays have more distractions than usual.

If you can remove most of the distractions through basic commonsensical practices, Tantra in 7 years is not a problem.

How we manage time is basically how we manage distractions.
avatar
dorje

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by muni on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:00 am

Oh yes, Caz, to maintain teachings for others is very very important. I agree.
But I see two views in this: mix teachings with for example modern new wave extracts which are trying to get an I-self in enlightenment state is certainly not to recommend.
But at the other hand when I die, will I have to go alone. My beloved tradition, beloved teachers and beloved friends will not keep my hand to see the tricky mind. Guidance only.
And also it is clinging when I say: my tradition. Therefore I say "no" to mind what clings to name and form and so I pick with reflection some grains of "others". (But of course my main tradition is the best. :biggrin: )

muni

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by caz namyaw on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:00 am

muni wrote:Oh yes, Caz, to maintain teachings for others is very very important. I agree.
But I see two views in this: mix teachings with for example modern new wave extracts which are trying to get an I-self in enlightenment state is certainly not to recommend.
But at the other hand when I die, will I have to go alone. My beloved tradition, beloved teachers and beloved friends will not keep my hand to see the tricky mind. Guidance only.
And also it is clinging when I say: my tradition. Therefore I say "no" to mind what clings to name and form and so I pick with reflection some grains of "others". (But of course my main tradition is the best. :biggrin: )

More or less im worried that this Non sectarian movement will be taken far to the extreme and people will begin to forget what method they are practising, preserving traditions is very very important in order to maintain authenticity and for future generations its true as you say i will not be able to take them with me teachers will not be able to hold my hand however at present if traditions begin to dengenerate and loose course then this will be bad for everyone in the long run.

peace

xxx
avatar
caz namyaw

Number of posts : 166
Location : G.B Staffs !
Registration date : 2008-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by muni on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:43 am

I am sorry but I see nothing wrong in stealing lights of other schools. Wink Not the multiple teaching in Buddhism but own tricking mind can lose the important value of Dharma. This by clinging to delusions.
I think there are a lot of teachings in the more and the more languages available. Lots of texts, even impermanent.
Ah, concepts. Nature just is. And people follow there path like their stream. I only hope people are not subtle clinging but will dwell in freedom.

muni

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by LauraJ on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:22 pm

Why the paranoia about purity of lineage Caz? The more people know about various traditions, the greater the likelihood of vajrayana surviving. If someone has found a teacher and a method that work, that's great. And if it's a genuine connection then hopefully it's not very vulnerable and easy to pollute. I've never heard of widening one's range of knowledge polluting anything.

LauraJ

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-12-24

View user profile http://www.buddhistlounge.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by caz namyaw on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:28 pm

Drolma wrote:Why the paranoia about purity of lineage Caz? The more people know about various traditions, the greater the likelihood of vajrayana surviving. If someone has found a teacher and a method that work, that's great. And if it's a genuine connection then hopefully it's not very vulnerable and easy to pollute. I've never heard of widening one's range of knowledge polluting anything.

They are all different methods for different people they embody 4 seperate methods, follow the yellow brick road dorathy.

peace

xxx
avatar
caz namyaw

Number of posts : 166
Location : G.B Staffs !
Registration date : 2008-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by dorje on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:19 am

There is no "4 separate methods", because tantra is tantra is tantra.

Ngondro, Guru Yoga, Vajrasattva, Tsog, the Generation and Completion stages, etc, are pretty much standard. The differences are usually the visualisations and the words in the sadhana, and they vary according to the yidam. Apart from that you do not see any difference at all.
avatar
dorje

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by muni on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:18 am

When conceptualization is turning teaching into obstacles well, we are far away from a happy warm dwelling, rather craving in solid forms of samsara. But this is idea only. _/\_

:bah:

muni

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by muni on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:53 am

I prefer to shameless absorb wisdom, to not grasp to thoughts-things as they should be mine.

Using the boat is very useful and worthful but not to cross the field. :bah:

muni

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by caz namyaw on Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:19 pm

dorje wrote:There is no "4 separate methods", because tantra is tantra is tantra.

Ngondro, Guru Yoga, Vajrasattva, Tsog, the Generation and Completion stages, etc, are pretty much standard. The differences are usually the visualisations and the words in the sadhana, and they vary according to the yidam. Apart from that you do not see any difference at all.

Well if there was no need for these 4 seperate paths then why are they here in the first place Razz

peace

xxx
avatar
caz namyaw

Number of posts : 166
Location : G.B Staffs !
Registration date : 2008-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by dorje on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:44 am

caz namyaw wrote:

Well if there was no need for these 4 seperate paths then why are they here in the first place Razz

peace

xxx

Because different people received teachings from different teachers, and along the way there were different instructions imparted.

If you have really received abhishekas, you've realized by now that the lineage always originate from Buddha Vajradhara or Buddha Samantabhadra, who really are in essence one and the same.
avatar
dorje

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by sherab zangpo on Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:13 pm

caz namyaw wrote: but i recognise i dont need to practise everything

xxx


If you recognize the essence of dhama, then you
will also recognize there is no fault in practicing what one wishes.
You have that realization. One can practice with freedom from
limitations.

Sherab
avatar
sherab zangpo

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2008-12-28

View user profile http://trondu.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by caz namyaw on Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:32 pm

sherab zangpo wrote:
caz namyaw wrote: but i recognise i dont need to practise everything

xxx


If you recognize the essence of dhama, then you
will also recognize there is no fault in practicing what one wishes.
You have that realization. One can practice with freedom from
limitations.

Sherab

Yep ive come to the conclusion that some of my opinion has been based on ignorance please forgive me people are very much free to practise what ever they want, however im more concerned for preserving the teachings of these 4 lineages they have many great benifits for people i do not want to see them dissapear in a wave of extreme inclusivism and eventually loose all flavour.
I rejoice in the practise of all dharma and respectfully recognise that all traditions have a path to full enlightenment, and i also recognise that i dont need to practise the more then one tradition those who wish to are free to do as they wish, i am happy with following one path.

peace

xxx
avatar
caz namyaw

Number of posts : 166
Location : G.B Staffs !
Registration date : 2008-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rime Movement

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum