The Buddhist Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse Trap.

4 posters

Go down

Mouse Trap. Empty Mouse Trap.

Post by sherab zangpo Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:24 am

Today, whilst in a waiting room, a gentleman was quite concerned as to the location of his mouse trap. He had apparently placed in one area the night before and the trap was not there. Eventually it was located and he began to accuse others of having moved it. It was apparent that the mouse had in fact been trapped by its leg and had dragged itself and the trap, I should imagine in immense stress and terrible pain towards its secret getaway hole but had got stuck before it could find sanctuary and safety. Long story short, He had taken the still alive mouse out of the trap and had placed inside a small plastic bag to either swing it and slam it to its death or suffocate it. He was happy that he had caught the mouse and was in two minds on best way to kill it. So I stepped forward and asked to have the mouse. After some ridicule directed towards myself, i offered to pay for it. I gave the man some money and took the injured mouse from him, still in the bag. I then took it away and made a little air hole for it and released it away from the building. It dragged itself away unable to use its back broken leg to an uncertain future. I made a silent prayer for the best luck for the mouse and for a moment visualized taking on its pain for myself. It dragged itself into a crack between two walls and disappeared.
sherab zangpo
sherab zangpo

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://trondu.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Mouse Trap. Empty Re: Mouse Trap.

Post by muni Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:58 am

Ah. Poor little thing got a chance in life from you dear friend. May it recover and its pain soon fade.

The selfcentered me with closed heart was so strong in deluded action for that little mouse. Poor person as well.

It remembers me at the story of "The three silver coins" in which Bu Jang Chub is avoiding animals (a cat, a dog and a fish) are been killed. A beautiful story.

But in daily life...may mouse and all sentient beings be in comfort.
muni

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by malalu Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:08 pm

Bravo...I commend you!

Mouse Trap. 598639

Recently noticed a large bee outside on my car, but it's tiny wing was damaged so all I could think of was to grab a leaf, which this bee barely climbed onto. Very steadily I walked it to a nearby park to place it on a flower away from the pathway. I didn't know how long it would live, so I quietly whispered mantra's to it all the way. When I finished, I looked up and saw some people that probably thought I was crazy! LOL

Wow, though. Even possibly recognizing what you were trying to do, the man still took money from you?
malalu
malalu

Number of posts : 129

Back to top Go down

Post by sherab zangpo Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:36 pm

Oh yes!
sherab zangpo
sherab zangpo

Number of posts : 578

http://trondu.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraJ Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am

This is a sad story. It's so strange to me, how people kill without thinking about it at all, and even go further with the cruelty. I'm so glad you saved him. May the little mouse recover from his injury and be safe from predators, especially human ones.

:hands:
LauraJ

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-12-24

http://www.buddhistlounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum