The Buddhist Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Tibetan Wisdom with Zen Buddhists

3 posters

Go down

Sharing Tibetan Wisdom with Zen Buddhists Empty Sharing Tibetan Wisdom with Zen Buddhists

Post by christopher::: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:02 pm

Hello friends!

Today I came across Atisha's 7 Factors of Mind Training for the first time. I then discovered that this was related to "Lojong" - a word I'd often heard but never understood.

I started a discussion thread on this topic over in the Tibetan Buddhist area of our new Zen Forum. We actually have a lot of topics in there, lol. It might surprise you how interested many Zen Buddhists are in Tibetan Buddhism.

Anyway, I wanted to invite you all over there, if you have an interest, cause there is so much we Zen folks must be missing or misunderstanding, since we come from a completely different background.

Hoping to build some bridges, maybe get some traffic moving back and forth between our two forums. I think such a bridge already exists between both our forums and our Therevadin friends at Dhamma Wheel, so this is my meek attempt to open up more dialogue with everyone here as well.

Peace & Light
riv:::

ZFI Tibetan Buddhism Subforum

:grouphug:
christopher:::

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Sharing Tibetan Wisdom with Zen Buddhists Empty Re: Sharing Tibetan Wisdom with Zen Buddhists

Post by Kunga Lhadzom Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:31 pm

Yes sweety pie....i also have attraction to Zen....but i must be getting closer to Enlightenment cause in don't wanna talk about much anymore(LOL).....my gift of gab is drab...LOL....i;m yogini over there by the way.... Levitate
Kunga Lhadzom
Kunga Lhadzom

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Sharing Tibetan Wisdom with Zen Buddhists Empty Re: Sharing Tibetan Wisdom with Zen Buddhists

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:19 pm

Oh goodie another yet another Buddhist forum. I seems to be collecting them these days like butterflies. :tired:
Karma Dondrup Tashi
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Kunga Lhadzom Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:25 pm

LOL...kinda like collecting empowerments....
Kunga Lhadzom
Kunga Lhadzom

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by christopher::: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:08 am

Well it sounds like you guys are pretty busy. But do know we're offering lots of gifts and prizes.

farao Chance to win a free Zen toaster...

Back to top Go down

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Hm, does it only make toast when you're not paying attention?
Karma Dondrup Tashi
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by christopher::: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:59 pm

No. But after several lifetimes of unsuccessful toast making it suddenly toasts instantly.

🙏

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down