The Buddhist Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

between spiritual life and householder...

3 posters

Go down

between spiritual life and householder... Empty between spiritual life and householder...

Post by kiman Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:28 pm

It's difficult to choose... Anyone, can you answer it? with the reason of course... thx alot...
kiman
kiman

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

between spiritual life and householder... Empty Re: between spiritual life and householder...

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Are you considering ordination, Kiman? If so, and if circumstances are favourable and you feel inspired, then go for it!
One can still lead a spiritual life as a householder however, but there are, of course, more distractions.
Here in the UK, there's a Tibetan Buddhist monastery where its possible for monks and nuns to take ordination for one year to begin with, which I think is very sensible.

I wish you much success with you practice, Kiman, whatever you decide to do.

Dazzled :hands:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

between spiritual life and householder... Empty Re: between spiritual life and householder...

Post by kiman Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:18 am

yes. my Guru wants me become a monk. He asked me.
kiman
kiman

Back to top Go down

Post by kiman Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:24 am

I want to become a householder, then become a monk when I'm old. but my Guru wants me become a monk at young age.
kiman
kiman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:16 am

Your Guru can only tell you what he thinks is best. The final choice is up to you, Kiman.

If you have doubts, meditate.

Perhaps things will become a little clearer eventually, I hope so.

If you still prefer not to take ordination, tell your Guru respectfully that this is your decision for the moment.

Be well and happy.

D. :hands:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kiman Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:43 am

Okay.. I will meditate... to choose my future life...
thx alot, Dazzled...
:hands:
kiman
kiman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:01 pm

My pleasure. Lots of good wishes to you kiman

:hands:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by muni Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:52 am

Meditation, yes. No forceful: now I need to know. Meanwhile practice need not to wait.
Right now.
No worry. _/\_ cheers Woopee!
muni

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by caz namyaw Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:56 am

kiman wrote:I want to become a householder, then become a monk when I'm old. but my Guru wants me become a monk at young age.

Well the final choice is down to you, just remember though if youve got a precious human life dont waste it, The old man who shaves of his beard in the morning will find it is always back by the evening thats samsara....it depends how much you like your prision though, perhapes you need to take things a bit slower.

peace

xxx
caz namyaw
caz namyaw

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by muni Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:42 am

caz namyaw wrote:
kiman wrote:I want to become a householder, then become a monk when I'm old. but my Guru wants me become a monk at young age.

Well the final choice is down to you, just remember though if youve got a precious human life dont waste it, The old man who shaves of his beard in the morning will find it is always back by the evening thats samsara....it depends how much you like your prision though, perhapes you need to take things a bit slower.

peace

xxx

When studies, reflection, meditations emerge in body, speech and mind. :buddha1: _/\_ _/\_ Peace to Caz.
muni

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down