The Buddhist Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domain name to expire in a little over a month

+2
Gerry
LauraJ
6 posters

Go down

Domain name to expire in a little over a month Empty Domain name to expire in a little over a month

Post by LauraJ Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:37 am

Hi all,

The Buddhist Lounge domain name will expire in about 50 days (a month and a half).

I sort of feel like for the last year I've been trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. The membership never really picked up here (though we've had a few people find us recently, which is nice). Every staff member at one time or another has expressed a desire to not be involved. This has been for perfectly understandable and appropriate reasons such as lack of time, etc.

I originally set up this forum when Buddha Chat was down for a while. Since then a number of new sites have been formed, and traffic and posting just never made its way here. This was in spite of various techniques I used to generate traffic, search engine ratings, various changes to forum subjects, and so on.

So I think I'm going to go ahead and let the domain name go and let the site go. Sherb and Muni have posted and written an enormous amount of information which I'll leave in place. The domain name will be www.forumotion.buddhistlounge.com and everything will remain in place for reference.

I want to thank everyone who participated here in the last year. It was a very good try! Domain name to expire in a little over a month Icon_biggrin
Everything will remain in place for the next month in a half, which will give everyone time to exchange contact information.

Again, thank you to all for your participation. And in particular I would like to thank the staff for everything they've done. I hope you understand my reasons, it's not for a lack of enjoying our forum. But sometimes I think it's best to just admit when something isn't isn't quite working or getting off the ground.

Take care, and much metta to all Domain name to expire in a little over a month 949767

Best wishes,
Laura

Last edited by LauraJ on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
LauraJ

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-12-24

http://www.buddhistlounge.com

Back to top Go down

Domain name to expire in a little over a month Empty Re: Domain name to expire in a little over a month

Post by Gerry Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:04 pm

So that means this forum will be closing down?

(sad)
Gerry

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Domain name to expire in a little over a month Empty Re: Domain name to expire in a little over a month

Post by srivijaya Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:16 pm

Oh boy! I'm not having much luck. BWB closed, E-Sangha is dead and I departed newbuddhist several weeks ago due to certain 'reasons'.
Looks like the pool of places to go is drying up.

Is there another site that anyone can recommend?

Namaste
Kris
srivijaya
srivijaya

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:31 pm

Gerry

Back to top Go down

Post by malalu Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:21 am

Well, Thanks for all your efforts Laura! For almost the past year, this place has provided each of us with some good information and an objective platform virtually free from the difficulties that some other forums have experienced.

Thanks as well to Sherab-la and Muni-la for their contributions. Good Job!

(Maybe this will finally help to ease my attachment to web forums or the web in general and allow me to dedicate more time to a fruitful practice, who knows?) Domain name to expire in a little over a month Icon_smile

M

Domain name to expire in a little over a month 949767
malalu
malalu

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraJ Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:51 am

Hi all,

Sherab and I agreed to watch and see what happens for a little while, and we do have a bit of time before the domain expires.

So nothing is written in stone yet Domain name to expire in a little over a month Icon_biggrin

I'll keep you all posted as we watch the traffic and activity, thanks for hanging in there and thanks to those who have really put forth effort here or recently joined us.

Kind wishes,
Laura
LauraJ

Back to top Go down

Post by muni Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:28 am

Thank you so much! _/\_
muni

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraJ Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:56 pm

Hi all,

Sherab and I have decided that we're going to go ahead and say goodbye to The Buddhist Lounge. I would recommend any of the following for your forum needs. These are clickable links.

Buddhism Without Boundaries (All traditions)
Dharma Wheel (Mahayana)
Dhamma Wheel (Theravada)

Thanks again to all who participated here, it really was a pleasure Domain name to expire in a little over a month Icon_biggrin
Best wishes and metta to all...
LauraJ

Back to top Go down

Post by sherab zangpo Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:52 am

whatever is brought together, comes apart.
whatever is accumulated, must disperse.

many thanks again to you all. I shall miss each and everyone of you.

Sherab the janitor (aka the rent-a-mod) Domain name to expire in a little over a month Drunken_smilie

Last edited by sherab zangpo on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
sherab zangpo
sherab zangpo

Number of posts : 578

http://trondu.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:06 pm

Aaaaahhh... impermanence.

It was fun while it lasted!

See you around the ~campus~ and thanks for the hospitality!

Best wishes,
Gerry
Gerry

Back to top Go down

Post by malalu Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:24 pm

yes, a lesson of impermanence, a reminder to treasure every moment and use it well.

I will miss all of you also...

Good luck to everyone

Malalu

Domain name to expire in a little over a month 949767
malalu
malalu

Number of posts : 129

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum