The Buddhist Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misperception.

3 posters

Go down

Misperception. Empty Misperception.

Post by muni Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:14 am

I had a nice talk about science and Buddhism which I like to share here with you all.

When we look around us, is it like our eyes are seeing three-dimensional view. The images landing in our brain are arriving there upside down and the brain is turning them in the view we see.

When we look with two eyes is the brain combining the flat views, which appear and transforms them in three-dimensional view outside of it. And so the observer get its’ birth.

In reality the view is not outside us but in the brain. What we see are phenomena or mental images. Test: When we close one eye and look then, we see two-dimensional view; the perception changes.

In that way, our brain is creating a view in panorama and we, we are out of that. Lol.

Those temporary interdependent not solid images are not our innate nature but the work of the film camera. And that film camera we call “me”. Hello “me”! No peace to find in that suffering compounded and conditioned one!

Guru Rinpoche: “If we don’t focus or attach on mental concept we can recognize our natural original state. All phenomena are mind of spacious vastness beyond conceptual attributes.

We are not that film studio of mind; in which creations by the senses are taken for truth. Experiences are not showing us the truth. We always “think” to know. But when we think so, is this again our colourful film producer in action. When we can see that, we also see that conventional and absolute aren’t separated.

Longchenpa gave the advice: to see the innate primordial wisdom; learn the unapprehended view which is free from partiality. It will not depend on experiences, everything will appear as realization. No peace to find in fabrications.
muni

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Misperception. Empty Re: Misperception.

Post by Gerry Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:50 am

I like the example of the hollow doll with openings at the eyes and a candle inside.
Gerry

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by muni Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:28 pm

Great one. By doing the first of The Tibetan rite-exercise, the world around us begins to turn. Or the brain is telling us: grass, trees, sky turn harder than the body. All this has its scientific explanation, but it shows very well the created worlds' value.
muni

Back to top Go down

Post by muni Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:37 pm

Knock at my door if their is light, you will be very warmly welcome, but no one is inside. Candle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBPG_OBgTWg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahg6qcgoay4&feature=related

Here, in conventionally simple focus on a map or counting steps,
we have everything under control in the projected view. Focus on mind activity is here tricky as well . Of course this is another kind of misperception.
muni

Back to top Go down

Post by sherab zangpo Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:56 pm

Gerry wrote:I like the example of the hollow doll with openings at the eyes and a candle inside.

sgron ma, phyi snang and nang gsal are words that come to mind.

Sherab
sherab zangpo
sherab zangpo

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://trondu.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by muni Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:37 pm

According to how things appear.

And how they are. Then the movie doesn't harm. _/\_
muni