The Buddhist Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pure View.. What is it?

4 posters

Go down

Pure View.. What is it? Empty Pure View.. What is it?

Post by dorje Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:14 pm

Let's discuss.
dorje
dorje

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Pure View.. What is it? Empty Re: Pure View.. What is it?

Post by LauraJ Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:48 am

I read this today:

"Pure view is like having purity of context. There are more details, and things make more sense."

/\
LauraJ

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-12-24

http://www.buddhistlounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dorje Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:03 am

So... what do you understand by Pure View?
dorje
dorje

Back to top Go down

Post by Kunga Lhadzom Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:19 pm

off the top of my head...Pure View...is like seeing your teacher as the living Buddha....seeing ordinary people as Divas and Dakas....seeing as if everything is perfect......(?)
Kunga Lhadzom
Kunga Lhadzom

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kunga Lhadzom Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:27 pm

but ...if everything is perfect.....why can't we just see things in their imperfection as being perfect ?

something tells me everything is perfect in it's "imperfection"....

something that is thought of as ugly...can be the cause of great compassion...
Kunga Lhadzom
Kunga Lhadzom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kunga Lhadzom Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:15 am

With reguard to the instructions on the pure vision, pure vision means that at that time (of Buddhahood), through realizing that all the phenomena of the world of existence(Samsara) and of liberation (Nirvana) are the display of one's own undefiled transcedental wisdom alone, there is neither an unpleasant world to be discarded here nor a good state of liberation to be attained elsewhere. Rather, both worldly existence and liberation are seen to be of one taste (i.e., nondual). Previously one was a sentient being, but through the power of practicing the path, one has become a Buddha ; hence the mindstream of a sentient being and that of a Buddha are one. Previously there was the practitioner on the path, but through that path dissolving into the result, both the path and the result are of one taste. Previously all conceptualizations were to be discarded, but throught the power of habituation to discarding them, all conceptualizations are dissolved into the ultimate truth,so the conceptualizations to be discarded and their antidotes are of one taste. Moreover, one is endowed with inconceivable qualities, such as the nonduality of rejection and acceptance, the nonduality of abandonment and obtainment, the one taste of worldly existence and the state of liberation, the one state, the appearance of one mindstream, and so on.

To contemplate the meaning of this, one should think, "Having entered into this path of the Vajrayana and through relying upon the treatment of all experiences of the path in accorance with the teachings, I shall gainsuch a state of Buddhahood, which is endowed with inconceivable qualites, enlightened body, voice and mind, and the like. Thus I shall spontaneously and effortlessly work for the welfare of sentient beings". Therefore, from this moment on, one should meditate with enthusiasm (that one will gain such a result).

From: Three Visions/Fundamental teachings of the Sakya Lineage of Tibetan Buddhsim/Ngorchen Konshog Lhundrub

Pg. 203-204

_/\_
Kunga Lhadzom
Kunga Lhadzom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kunga Lhadzom Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:24 am

so..............does that mean you can only realize/know/experience what PURE VIEW is if you are a Buddha ?
Kunga Lhadzom
Kunga Lhadzom

Back to top Go down

Post by dorje Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:35 am

To me Pure View is recognizing and experiencing the inseparability of Samsara and Nirvana.

I think a Buddha has much more ability to recognize and experience that than all of us. That's one of the things which separates us from an enlightened being.
dorje
dorje

Back to top Go down

Post by zenzen Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:35 am

Do literal words have a place in the pure view?
zenzen
zenzen

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by dorje Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Depends.

In the case of developing Pure View there are usually 3 levels of understanding: literal, metaphorical, and ultimate.

Having Pure View hence means to understand on all 3 levels.
dorje
dorje

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down