The Buddhist Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dalai Lama Opens Inter-faith Symposium

4 posters

Go down

Dalai Lama Opens Inter-faith Symposium Empty Dalai Lama Opens Inter-faith Symposium

Post by LauraJ Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:54 pm

Dalai Lama Opens Inter-faith Symposium, Arrives in Varanasi to deliver sermon
Phayul[Wednesday, January 07, 2009 19:22]

His Holiness arrives in Varanasi, Jan. 7, 2009 (photo:Tenzin Rigden/tibetonline.tv)
Varanasi, India, January 7:His Holiness the Dalai Lama today arrived in Sarnath,Varanasi, where he is scheduled to give a week-long teachings from tomorrow on “Kamalashila's The Middling Stages of Meditation (gomrim barpa) and Shantideva's A Guide To the Bodhisattva's Way of Life (chodjug)”. The audio of the teachings will be webcast live on phayul.com in Tibetan and Russian languages.

His Holiness inaugurated a six-day world religious symposium in Bhavnagar district in western Indian state of Gujarat yesterday. His Holiness considers promotion of religious harmony as one of his three commitments. The Tibetan leader said it is very important to practice religious tolerance for a peaceful world and that all religious faiths preach the same goals. Also present at the symposium was Prof. Samdhong Rinpoche, the Prime Minister of the exile Tibetan government...

Article continues here
LauraJ

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-12-24

http://www.buddhistlounge.com

Back to top Go down

Dalai Lama Opens Inter-faith Symposium Empty Re: Dalai Lama Opens Inter-faith Symposium

Post by christopher::: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:03 am

That's great. Thanks for the info, Drolma.

😄
christopher:::

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Dalai Lama Opens Inter-faith Symposium Empty Re: Dalai Lama Opens Inter-faith Symposium

Post by sherab zangpo Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:19 am

I met Desmond Tutu quite by accident one day. I know he and 14th Dalai Lama are very good friends. I have to admit that being in Tutus presence is very powerful. He is really an amazing person.

Thank you for the information Drolma.
sherab zangpo
sherab zangpo

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://trondu.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraJ Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:21 am

sherab zangpo wrote:I met Desmond Tutu quite by accident one day. I know he and 14th Dalai Lama are very good friends. I have to admit that being in Tutus presence is very powerful. He is really an amazing person.

Thank you for the information Drolma.

How wonderful! Bow

Dalai Lama Opens Inter-faith Symposium Dalai_Lama_and_Bishop_Tutu__Carey_L
LauraJ

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-12-24

http://www.buddhistlounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by christopher::: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:14 am

I sometimes wonder who Tutu may have been in a past life. There's something practically dharmic about him. And the two of them seem to really know each other, at some deep level...

Dalai Lama Opens Inter-faith Symposium Action_main_03

Or... maybe what they both know is something that transcends the idea of "other"...?

sunny

:

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by caz namyaw Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:08 pm

christopher::: wrote:I sometimes wonder who Tutu may have been in a past life. There's something practically dharmic about him. And the two of them seem to really know each other, at some deep level...

Dalai Lama Opens Inter-faith Symposium Action_main_03

Or... maybe what they both know is something that transcends the idea of "other"...?

sunny

:

Awww how cute :beard:

peace

xxx
caz namyaw
caz namyaw

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down