The Buddhist Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we legalize Tibetan Medicine?

5 posters

Go down

Should we legalize Tibetan Medicine? Empty Should we legalize Tibetan Medicine?

Post by LauraJ Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:25 pm

I think we should legalize Tibetan Medicine! Here's a site dedicated to supporting this ancient form of holistic health care:

AmericanTibetanMedicine.org
LauraJ

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-12-24

http://www.buddhistlounge.com

Back to top Go down

Should we legalize Tibetan Medicine? Empty Re: Should we legalize Tibetan Medicine?

Post by muni Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:40 pm

http://www.men-tsee-khang.org/ Good to do a check up by the nearby GP.
When the problem is small is it possible by a clear explanation the Men Tse Khang doctor will find out which medicine is probably helpful. It takes not long time before they arrive by post mail. (1 week-10 days.)
muni

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Should we legalize Tibetan Medicine? Empty Re: Should we legalize Tibetan Medicine?

Post by LauraJ Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:47 pm

Wow Muni, that site is packed with good stuff! Thanks!
LauraJ

Back to top Go down

Post by sherab zangpo Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:48 pm

sherab zangpo
sherab zangpo

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://trondu.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kunga Lhadzom Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:28 am

It's legal where i come from..i've been to a Tibetan doctor & was given Precious Pills (the traditional brown Tibetan pills )..._/\_
Kunga Lhadzom
Kunga Lhadzom

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraJ Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:47 am

Chulen pills? I wish I could get some more. I wanted to buy some I found online, but Namdrol couldn't vouch for their effectiveness.
LauraJ

Back to top Go down

Post by muni Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:45 am

Precious pills are mentioned in the Men Tsee Khang webside on the right side of the screen. I took Rinchen Jumar 25.
Chu Len should be taken with help of a skilful one. 🦋
muni

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraJ Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:02 pm

muni wrote:Precious pills are mentioned in the Men Tsee Khang webside on the right side of the screen. I took Rinchen Jumar 25.

Thank you :moon:
LauraJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kunga Lhadzom Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:56 pm

Drolma wrote:Chulen pills? I wish I could get some more. I wanted to buy some I found online, but Namdrol couldn't vouch for their effectiveness.

sorry...i thought they were called Precious Pills (maybe that's a specific kind...) they were brown round pills...not sure what they call them ...they were not wrapped individually tho)...and i can't vouch if they helped or not....
Kunga Lhadzom
Kunga Lhadzom

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by muni Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:38 am

Those I know are all brown. Once I was walking in the hills and this thought passed: this place is full of placebo's. (rabbits' presents)

Then there is also the movie Knowledge of Healing. (gSo Wa Rig Pa)
Late Dr Tenzin Chödrak _/\_ is a jewel in remembrance. His care for others on knowledge of medicines and Buddhism is a very worthful example for modern medicines!! Mantra: https://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=g263N4XzoZo

Wheel _/\_

Should we legalize Tibetan Medicine? Film_image
muni

Back to top Go down

Post by muni Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:09 am

In Memoriam,

Dr. Tenzin Choedrak

Introduction to Tibetan Medical Concepts Recommended Books about Tibetan Medicine Dr Choedrak Visits the U.S. More About Ngak-pa Yeshé Dorjé Rinpoché In Memoriam, Dr. Tenzin Choedrak
Should we legalize Tibetan Medicine? DrChoedrak3b
Dr. Tenzin Choedrak

A towering figure in Tibetan medicine is no longer with us. Dr. Tenzin Choedrak completed this lifetime on April 6th, 2001. His clear vision and subtle ability was an inspiration to everyone who worked with him or consulted him as a physician. Beyond even these medical capabilities, which were unsurpassed, his compassion and gentle nature reflected the highest levels of spiritual practice and discipline.
Dr. Choedrak was born in Yakda, Tibet in 1923. His remarkable journeys took him into worlds of knowledge and experiences most of us will only read about. Time with such rare teachers is always too short, and although I was only one among many who sat at his feet to learn medicine, I know that everyone I have spoken with felt that same amazement at his deep inner calm and compassion. His presence itself inspired all of us to higher achievement and focus.
I would frequently make the mistake of addressing him as "Rinpoche", which is an honorific for lamas of particularly rare achievement, rather than "Umchee", which is the more correct term for "doctor". I would always be embarrassed, and his eyes would always twinkle with amusement at my faux pas. I think now that I must have been aware how rare and precious such teachers have become.
Whether it was a lecture to hundreds at the Natural History museum, or just a talk about his life in Old Tibet over a cup of tea as the Winter winds of Cleveland howled outside his bedroom, Dr. Choedrak could always evoke the magic of a world that no longer existed.
Yet, great tragedy swirled around him as Old Tibet disappeared, not least of which was the personal suffering he faced at the hands of the Chinese. For those who are interested to learn more, I suggest In Exile from the Land of Snows, by John F. Avedon. The particulars of his imprisonment are harrowing, and his testimony to the U.S. Congress on May 8, 1996 can be found at the "Save Tibet" website by clicking here. It is a sobering reminder of the true inner nature of the modern Chinese State.
Dr. Choedrak bore the scars of his imprisonment to his death, but his life, his words, and his actions all reflected his transcendence of bitterness and anger. Patience and kindness were always in evidence. Would that we all had the courage to be like him. At least, we might never forget his example. Farewell, great Rinpoche. May your teachings resound throughout the six realms and 10 directions.Should we legalize Tibetan Medicine? DrChoedrak2
Dr. Trogawa Rinpoche Speaks on Nyen Disease

Tibetan medicine provides some valuable insights into modern and evolving diseases which would benefit all medical professionals. I only met Dr. Trogawa once, and sadly the opportunity to learn from him has also passed. Thanks to J. Crow Company for providing this information on "nyen" disease.

_/\_ _/\_ _/\_ (please click on TOP by the last picture to see the whole web page.)
muni

Back to top Go down

Post by muni Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:04 am

Drolma wrote:
muni wrote:Precious pills are mentioned in the Men Tsee Khang webside on the right side of the screen. I took Rinchen Jumar 25.

Thank you :moon:

_/\_ _/\_ flower
muni

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:28 am

Its not that Tibetan Medicine or even Ayurveda are "illegal" in the USA - they just are not currently recognized the same way that Traditional Chinese Medicine is, but there are many folks working on that.
Gerry

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down