The Buddhist Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Link to Men Tsee Khang Tibetan Medicine org

3 posters

Go down

Link to Men Tsee Khang Tibetan Medicine org Empty Link to Men Tsee Khang Tibetan Medicine org

Post by sherab zangpo Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:44 am

sherab zangpo
sherab zangpo

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://trondu.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Link to Men Tsee Khang Tibetan Medicine org Empty Re: Link to Men Tsee Khang Tibetan Medicine org

Post by malalu Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:38 pm

Thank you, Sherab.

In your opinion, is there a particular book that you might recommend in regards to this topic of Tibetan Medicine?

More in terms of an good introduction, perhaps a general overview in particular, of the elements, causes of illness, correlation to practice, etc?

Link to Men Tsee Khang Tibetan Medicine org 598639

Thanks,

M
malalu
malalu

Number of posts : 129

Back to top Go down

Link to Men Tsee Khang Tibetan Medicine org Empty Re: Link to Men Tsee Khang Tibetan Medicine org

Post by sherab zangpo Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:19 am

Hello Malalu,

I think readability is important when starting to study. I think these three books are deep enough into the subject to be of value, but not so complex as to leave one scratching their heads and putting the books down.

Healing From The Source by Yeshi Dhonden is a good readable introduction.

Quintessence Tantras of Tibetan Medicine by Barry Clarke.

And I also like the Bonpo book, Healing With Form Energy and Light by Tenzin Wangyul Rinpoche.

Sherab
sherab zangpo
sherab zangpo

Number of posts : 578

http://trondu.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:55 pm

Also

"Health Through Balance" Yeshi Donden

and

"Lectures on Tibetan Medicine" Lobsang Dolma Khangkar (especially)
Gerry

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:28 am

Sorry I forgot the closest work yet to a ~textbook~ in a western language:

"Tibetan Medicine: The Healing Science of Tibet" Tsering Thakchoe Drungtso
Gerry

Back to top Go down

Post by malalu Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:28 pm

Thanks Sherab and Gerry for the suggestions. It is good to see that there is plenty of information and books available on this topic.

I will probably make a visit to an emchi in my area in the not too distant future. This should help with the beginning stages of my understanding as well as putting into practice some of the suggestions related to diet and so forth that may be given.
malalu
malalu

Number of posts : 129

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:22 am

Yes do - Amchi for Tibetan Medicine, or Vaidya for Ayurveda (which is very similar except for their spiritual path). Many years ago I made it a practice to eat only what was beneficial for my Dosha (Skt.) / nyipa-sum (Tib). It made a HUGE difference even though at the time I was ridiculously healthy. And while I am no longer so strict about what goes into this body, I know what to do for it when it is not at its best.
Gerry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down